Thursday 17 December 2020

An Indelible Day by Cairo Marques

 

From Goodreads

The story accompanies a single day of John C., a man of about thirty. In this short passage of time he has three dialogues with three different people. These dialogues, certainly, have shaped his day and, likely, will exist within him eternally.
My thoughts
I was approached by the Author via my Blog to see if I would be interested in reading this short story.  I was sent a free copy of the story in exchange for a review.  I would give this a 2 stars or 4/10.
At 21 pages according to the published length on Amazon is it worth the £1.99 that it is selling for?  If you have Kindle Unlimited then it is FREE.  
The Author sent me a copy of this and the copy I read was 31 pages long, so I have no idea why it is being  sold as being only 21 pages in length. 
After having read this short story it isn't worth the cost of purchasing in my opinion due mainly to the length of it and it not being value for money. 
The story in my opinion could do with some editing in order to make it easier for the reader to read and get a better understanding of it.  The Author is Brazilian and some of the story may have got lost in translation so to speak. 
Telling the story of John C, who becomes known as C in the story as he chats with three different people.  There is not much that happens plot wise as the story is driven by the dialogue and the feelings that are brought to mind during them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment