Monday 27 August 2018

Beat the Rain by Nigel Jay Cooper

Beat the Rain

From Goodreads

All relationships start out as love stories. They don't all end as one.
After Louise's lover passes away, will a fragile new relationship with his twin brother bring comfort -- or destroy them both? A haunting exploration of love and loss.

My thoughts

My thanks to the Author for a copy of this debut novel as a competition win. I love receiving signed copies of books and this will definitely be added to my keeper shelf.

I was more than happy to give this an outstanding 5 stars or 10/10. It's a well written insight into the complexities and fragilities of human relationships and the repercussions that these have on others.

As events in Louise's life take an unexpected turn following the death of her partner, in this modern day love story that at times can be both heartbreaking and funny. How will Louise cope with the future and all that it has in store for her? Grab a copy for yourself and slip in between the covers to find out what Louise does next.

I feel that this would make a great reading group read, with so much that can be discussed. None of us know how we would cope given all that fate threw at Louise. This would lead to some great discussions in my opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment