Sunday 20 September 2015

Killing Floor (Jack Reacher #1) by Lee Child

900486

From Goodreads

Ex-military policeman Jack reacher is a drifter. He's just passing through Margrave, Georgia, and in less than an hour, he's arrested for murder. Not much of a welcome. All Jack knows is that he didn't kill anybody. At least not here. Not lately. But he doesn't stand a chance of convincing anyone. not in Margrave, Georgia. Not a chance in hell.

My thoughts
This was our September Library Reading Group read. Whilst the group mostly enjoyed it giving it a 6.5/10, we all agreed that it wasn't really suitable as a Reading Group read.

This is the first book by Lee Child that I have read. I have several on my TBR pile, but was waiting to get the first one before I started reading them. I have since found out that it's a series that you don't need to read in order.

Can I just say that I think Tom Cruise was dreadfully miscast in the role of Jack Reacher in the movie, as physically he looks nothing like him and I can't see him having the strength or ability to dispatch with as many villains in one go in this book as Jack Reacher did. 

If you like books with lots of violence, crime and killings then this is the book for you. 

Jack Reacher is an ex-service man, a nomad with no place to call home. Travelling around the US, he stops to pass through Margrave, Georgia. It is not long before he finds himself arrested for murder, a murder that he didn't commit. How can he make the Police realise that he is not guilty of the offence? As he tries to prove his innocence, it's not long before he is siding with certain members of the Police in order to help them solve the mystery and find the killer.
I enjoyed the story and look forward to reading more about Jack Reahcer, I gave this an 8/10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment