Friday 1 August 2014

A Family Affair: Truth in Lies #1 by Mary Campisi

 17828426

From Goodreads

When Christine Blacksworth's larger-than-life father is killed on an icy road in Magdalena, New York, a hundred miles from the 'getaway' cabin he visited every month, she discovers a secret that threatens everything she's always held to be true. Her father has another family which includes a mistress and a daughter. Determined to uncover the truth behind her father's secret life, Christine heads to Magdalena, prepared to hate the people who have caused her to question everything she thought she knew about her father. But what she finds is a woman who understands her, a half sister who cherishes her, and a man who could love her if she'll let him. The longer she's around them, the more she questions which family is the real one...

My thoughts

2.5 stars from me for this one.

This was a very easy read about Christine Blacksworth a wealthy young woman whose Father passes away following an accident, while supposedly spending time at a cabin that he had.  What Christine doesn't realise is that her Father had hidden secrets from her. 

As Christine uncovers the secrets that had been kept from her, her life takes on a new meaning to her.  Things that she'd held dear in the past are no longer as important to her.

There was enough depth to the story to keep me reading, it was not too taxing and was just the right sort of read to take my mind off things that had happened in my life this week.  It was a great piece of escapism, a tad predictable but that's not a criticism as such.

This is the first of a series of inter related stories, I doubt I'll go out of my way to read any more of the series though.  I got this as an e-book freebie and when I checked the other day it was still free on Amazon but do check before clickng if you're interested in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment