Saturday 21 November 2020

The Passengers by John Marrs










From Goodreads

Eight self-drive cars set on a collision course. Who lives, who dies? You decide.

When someone hacks into the systems of eight self-drive cars, their passengers are set on a fatal collision course.

The passengers are: a TV star, a pregnant young woman, a disabled war hero, an abused wife fleeing her husband, an illegal immigrant, a husband and wife - and parents of two - who are travelling in separate vehicles and a suicidal man. Now the public have to judge who should survive but are the passengers all that they first seem?

My thoughts

I already had a signed copy of this and it has been sat among my unread books for some time. I had forgotten that I had a copy of it and downloaded a copy from BorrowBox the digital lending side of my local Library. So when I am out and about I was able to read the digital copy and when at home I was able to read my signed book copy, well that was the idea. However, I actually read the digital copy more and my signed copy hardly got touched, but will take pride of place among my other keeper books on my bookshelves.

I have previously read other books by this Author and enjoyed them, this was no different at all in that respect. I gave this a 5 stars or 10/10. I was gripped from the first few pages and found it an addictive read with a great concept. 

Would you fancy being the Passenger in a driverless car? I for one don't really fancy that if I am honest, but probably in time we will find that we may become more used to seeing them on the roads as they may be the future.

As eight Passengers find themselves trapped inside the cars that they are travelling in as the cars internal computer programs are hijacked by a Hacker. It is down to the Public to decide which Passengers live and which may die as the cars are set on a collision course which sees them all set to crash. As we watch the proceedings pan out as we read the pages and find out about the lives of the Passengers, it made me wonder what choices I would have made if I had been involved with deciding the future of the Passengers.

No comments:

Post a Comment