Saturday 2 September 2023

The Hurricane by Hugh Howey









From Goodreads

Daniel Stillman's Life: 42 Facebook friends 18 Cell phone contacts 6 Twitter followers 4 blog subscribers Now a category five storm is about to take this all away. And replace it with a neighbor he's never met.

My thoughts

I grabbed a copy of this via Kindle Unlimited.  

I have been reading quite a few books recently by Hugh Howey, so when I saw this one I grabbed it with both hands.

Telling the story of a young man called Daniel, who is attached to his phone and technology as many teenagers are nowadays. As Daniel is about to find out there's more to life than technology, as nature has other plans in store for  him and the inhabitants of the area that he lives.  A hurricane is on its way to wreak havoc for everyone in its path.  

How will they all cope as they come to terms with what has happened following the hurricane?  Life has a way of making people pull together in order to help one another.  The Hurricane shows the reader how help can come from the place you least expect it at times and not always from people that you know.

I enjoyed this contemporary story and whilst it may be a different genre than the author usually writes, I felt he delivered it well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment