Monday 28 August 2023

The Balloon Hunter: A Found Novel by Hugh Howey & Elinor Taylor








From Goodreads

Shoot anything you don't understand. That's been my motto, and it's kept me alive.

So when I saw something drifting above the fog, I lined it up in my sights and took it out.
Only realized after that it was a balloon. With a note attached.
Rita. Who are you? Where are you?
Hang tight. I'm coming.

My thoughts

I grabbed a copy of this via Kindle Unlimited.

Notes attached to a balloon and released into the sky to be read by someone anyone in this post apocalyptic world.  Who if anyone will read it?

This was an unusual book in more ways than one.  Told from the POV of two people written on the front and backs of a postcard.  I enjoyed the premise and the story, my only gripe is that at times I struggled to read the writing on the fronts of the postcards, apart from that I was totally engrossed in the story and wanted more when I had finished it.

I do happen to enjoy reading things written by Hugh Howey and this one delivered in more ways than one.  This one was co written with Elinor Taylor, who is one to watch out for in the future.  I will be looking for more books written by her.

No comments:

Post a Comment