Monday 30 May 2022

Debt Inheritance (Indebted #1) by Pepper Winters

 

From Goodreads

“I own you. I have the piece of paper to prove it. It’s undeniable and unbreakable. You belong to me until you’ve paid off your debts.”

Nila Weaver’s family is indebted. Being the first born daughter, her life is forfeit to the first born son of the Hawks to pay for sins of ancestors past. The dark ages might have come and gone, but debts never leave. She has no choice in the matter.

She is no longer free.

Jethro Hawk receives Nila as an inheritance present on his twenty-ninth birthday. Her life is his until she’s paid off a debt that’s centuries old. He can do what he likes with her—nothing is out of bounds—she has to obey.

There are no rules. Only payments.

My thoughts

This book had been sat on my Kindle since I grabbed a freebie copy of it back in 2015.  I have so many books and so little time, that I don't always get round to reading them as soon as I should as I grab more books and the pile of them just increases.  Anyway I am digressing and I need to get back to the book.

Looking on Amazon this book has many reviews and there are those that love it and those that hate it, which camp do I fit in you may ask.  Well .... if I was to opt for one camp it would be the love it camp as opposed to the hate it camp.  This was an easy read with an erotic theme to it.  It's not for the faint hearted reader as the erotic tendencies at times did lean to sadistic tendencies rather than vanilla erotism.  Whilst I did enjoy it, I am not sure that I will be rushing out to read more in the series to find out what happens to Nila Weaver and Jethro Hawk.  I do have quite an idea as to the identity of two people who are communicating with one another via private messages and I am sure that this will be revealed throughout the rest of the Indebted series.

Debt Inheritance sets the scene nicely as to the history between the Hawk and Weaver families of which we find that Nila Weaver and Jethro Hawk are the most recent participants.  History has a habit of repeating itself for various reasons and this current time is no different.  Nila is the current Weaver lady who now finds herself at the hands of the Hawk family and Jethro Hawk is the man in charge of her destiny.  Can Jethro manage to control Nila in the way that history has written that he must or will other emotions and feelings get in the way?  





No comments:

Post a Comment