Sunday 4 December 2016

Black Keys (Colorblind #1) by Rose B.Mashal

25228040

From Goodreads 

A Muslim Arab Prince with a heavy weight of responsibilities on his shoulders and a young Catholic American woman with a dark, haunted past living inside her heart. Unexpectedly thrust together in a deal of betrayal brokered by her brother, the last thing she imagines when she goes to his wedding in a kingdom far away from her home, is to find out that it's her own wedding, as well.

A bright, independent CEO struggling to live this new life, where the traditions and rules are too numerous to keep up with, and an attractive, intelligent prince wanting nothing more than for his bride to find the black keys.

Fate steps in to teach the troubled new princess a few lessons about love, life, understanding and acceptance, while destiny forces the Crown Prince into allowing his beautiful wife to break a rule or two.

Because when it comes to love, rules blur and traditions fade.   

My thoughts

I gave this an 8/10 or 4 stars.

I was completely engrossed with this story. I found it quite thought provoking and I've still got to get the second one in the series, but I've read the taster of the second one and I'm looking forward to reading it in due course.

I've just read a review of the story and that reviewer didn't enjoy the story and found so many flaws in it. I on the other hand really liked it.

Marie is a business woman and appears to be quite a feisty lady, her brother however has problems and to overcome some of his own problems he appears to have brokered a deal with someone that will affect Marie's future.

Prince Mazen is an arab prince, he has certain values and with the type of upbringing he has had, there are lots of traditions to be kept up with and maintained.

I couldn't believe how twisted Marie's brother had been and how he could've expected Marie to agree with what he'd orchestrated for her future. As Marie realises what's in store for her, she has decisions to make that will have far reaching repercussions for both her and her brother.

How will Marie cope with the decisions that she has made? How will she get on with life in her new surroundings? How will she get on with Prince Mazen, her new husband?

I enjoyed the developing relationship between Marie and Mazen. I found them to be a lovely couple and they both had so much that they to deal with. From two completely different cultures, they both have a long way to go if they're going to make the marriage work.

This is the first book in a series. I got this one as a freebie from Amazon and I'm really glad that I did click on it. It sets the scene nicely for the second in the series.    

No comments:

Post a Comment