Wednesday 14 September 2016

You Belong to Me (DI Lorraine Fisher #3) by Samantha Hayes

22856237

From Goodreads

The compelling new psychological suspense novel featuring DI Lorraine Fisher, from the author of Until You’re Mine and Before You Die.

Isabel left England to escape her past. For the first time in months, she's beginning to feel safe. But then a letter shatters her world once more as she learns of her parents' death in a car crash. Reluctantly she returns home, unable to shake off the feeling she's being watched but determined not to let fear rule her life any more.

DI Lorraine Fisher is in the middle of a big murder case -- a serial killer is preying on young women. And it seems they had all complained of being stalked. She too is convinced she's being watched.

Are both women victims of their own imagination or is someone out there watching and waiting? And will one of them be next?  

My thoughts

This was a book that I grabbed on impulse from my local library. It's the first book that I've read by this Author. This is the third in the DCI Lorraine Fisher series and whilst I haven't read the first two, it can be read easily as a standalone.

I gave this a 9/10 and as there are no half stars, I've given it a 5 star. I was hooked from the start until the end, the writing style and nature of the story had me completely immersed in it. I just had to keep reading to find out what was going on.

Isabel had her reasons for leaving England and moving abroad. A letter arrives telling her that her parents have died in a car crash and her world is rocked. On returning to England she has a feeling that she's being watched, is she or isn't she?

Isabel's not the only one with those feeling, DCI Lorraine Fisher has similar feelings that she can't shake off. She's in the middle of investigating a series of murders, where the serial killer is preying on young women who all claim prior to their deaths that they've been stalked too. Are the murders linked to her feelings too?

I will be reading the first two in the series and if they're every bit as good as this one, then I'm in for a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment