Monday 27 July 2015

Mockingjay (Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins

7710333 
 
From Goodreads

Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.

It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plans -- except Katniss.

The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay -- no matter what the personal cost.


My thoughts

In this final instalment Katniss has to take on the mantle of being the Mockingjay.  I read and enjoyed the first one in this trilogy The Hunger Games, I found it a refreshing idea.  I also read and reasonably enjoyed the second one Catching Fire, but didn't find it as gripping.  To be honest I don't think I'd have missed anything if I'd not read this one.  I found it lacking, not much of a plot at all and not very well developed at all.

Personally I think it would have been better to condense the story and have less books in the series.   

I am sure that it will transfer to the silver screen well, as I must confess that while I was reading it I could almost visualise the action happening on the silver screen.

In this one we still have the love triangle between Katniss, Peeta and Gale.  I astually can't remember who Katniss ended up with and I'm writing this review within a week of having finished it.

Sorry this was in no way as good as The Hunger Games and I feel disappointed with it all.  The trilogy started out with so much promise, but ended as a damp squib. 

No comments:

Post a Comment