Wednesday 10 June 2015

One Funeral by Kat & Stone Bastion

22052965

From Goodreads

The stakes climb higher in this second book in the No Weddings Series for Hannah Martin, a woman restrained by her past, and Cade Michaelson, the man who could help set her free.

I’m drawn to Cade as he charms his way into more of my life and offers me something I truly haven’t ever had: a friend. Yet his humor, patience, and drop-dead sexiness take my breath away, and I know my heart is at risk. I want to move forward but am terrified I can’t.

Cade seems to have it together from his own devastating heartache. His subtle actions, however, suggest a different story. And even though he says he wants more, I wonder if he’s able to trust in our developing relationship.


As we navigate through our tangled feelings, we vow to take it slow. Yet no matter how careful we try to be, things between us intensify—and there’s nothing we can do, or want to do, to stop it.

But the biggest question remains: Is chemistry enough to move beyond the past and toward a future together?


My thoughts

9/10 for this one.  The series is progressing nicely with me already looking forward to Two Bar Mitzvahs.

I really enjoyed the continuing story between Cade Michaelson and Hannah Martin in this second instalment in the No Weddings series.

We found out in the first instalment that they have both been through heartbreak in the past and as a result of this both want to take things slowly.  It is quite apparent that there is a mutual attraction between them but neither of them wants to act on it for fear of what's happened to them in the past.

As the tension builds between them, we are left wondering how long it will be before they both succumb to the sexual tension that is mounting.

Meanwhile they both get on with their day to day lives, Cade with his studying and helping to run the Club/Bar that he co-owns and Hannah with her cake shop.  They are both involved with an Event Company that the Michaelson clan run together and in this story they are all employed to organise a Funeral with a difference.

I really enjoyed this story and have the third one all set to read.  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment