Saturday 3 August 2013

Before I Go to Sleep by S.J.Watson

Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson

From Goodreads

Memories define us.
So what if you lost yours every time you went to sleep?
Your name, your identity, your past, even the people you love - all forgotten overnight.
And the one person you trust may only be telling you half the story.
 
My review
 
How would we cope if we were in Christine's shoes? Waking up each morning with no memory of who/what and where must have been hard for Christine, I know for one thing that I'm glad it wasn't me in her shoes. Who is the man she wakes up with every day and can he be trusted? She only has his word for it that he's her Husband as she finds out every day from him that parts of her life are missing. What has happened to the missing parts of her life? It's with a need to find out the answers to these questions that she seeks out Dr Nash but can she trust him?

I'm rather late at reading this one as it's been out for some time but is there ever a time limit on when we can post reviews I don't think so, so here is my review and thoughts on this intelligently written story.

Whilst I really enjoyed the story on the whole I did guess before I'd got to page 100 some of what was going on and my suspicions were right BUT I wasn't completely right and this was a bonus.

I felt sympathy for Christine as she had no idea who she could trust at all, whilst there were certain aspects in the story that to some readers have seemed a little implausible, to be honest they didn't bother me at all. I tend to read a story for what it is and try not to over analyse too much. Maybe that's laziness on my part or maybe it's down to the story dragging me in and keeping me entertained whilst reading it. As the pieces begin to fall into place, it all starts to make sense and Christine begins to realiz
e that all is not as it seems and people can't be trusted to tell the truth.

If you've not read this story I can thoroughly recommend this psychological thriller, I'll definitely be reading more books by this Author.

No comments:

Post a Comment