From Goodreads
At Cold Mountain Penitentiary, along the lonely stretch of cells known as the Green Mile, condemned killers such as 'Billy the Kid' Wharton and the possessed Eduard Delacroix await death strapped in 'Old Sparky'. But good or evil, innocent or guilty, prisoner or guard, none has ever seen the brutal likes of the new prisoner, John Coffey, sentenced to death for raping and murdering two young girls. Is Coffey a devil in human form? Or is he a far, far different kind of being?
There are more wonders in heaven and hell than anyone at Cold Mountain can imagine and one of those wonders might just have stepped in amongst them.
My thoughts
Having seen the film many many times, I wanted to read the book to see how the two compared.
I wasn't disappointed at all. The book is told in several parts that detail the events that take place surrounding the Cold Mountain penitentiary, the residents of the penitentiary and the lives of the staff that man the penitentiary.
I really enjoyed the book and felt it so well deserved the 5 stars that I have given it. This is so much more than a horror story and whilst it does fit into that genre. Personally I feel that it's more of a supernatural tale, that's character driven with some intense moments that you feel at times are justified, in so much as those that give out the punishment, receive it back!
Please read this book, it so deserves to be read.
No comments:
Post a Comment