Saturday 12 September 2020

A Gift of Butterflies (Butterflies #1) by David Toft

21787779

From Goodreads

Mark Aldridge and Susie Philips have a gift. Anyone who antagonizes them dies. How not to antagonize each other is a skill they must master very quickly, if both are to survive.

To ensure that the right people antagonize them is the mission of agent, Maurice Bruner and his team. Can they target the gift without upsetting its hosts? If they can’t, they are dead.

My thoughts

I randomly came across chat of this book on Twitter. I read the sample on Amazon and was sufficiently intrigued by what I had read and the premise of the story was right up my street, so to speak that I had no qualms at all in purchasing it.

I also have to agree with a comment made by another reader when reading some reviews that the cover is stunning and in my opinion if the premise does not grab you, then the cover certainly will.

I gave this a 4 stars or 8/10. I really enjoyed the story and felt that the Author related it well to the reader. His imagination shone through in the story. The characters have an unusual gift and one that they need to learn how to harness in order to protect some of the people around them. I do not want to go into too much detail for fear of spoiling it for others.

A Gift of Butterflies is the first in the Butterflies series by David Toft and I will definitely be reading the others in the series to see where the Author takes us on his flight with the winged creatures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment