Tuesday 1 September 2020

20 Books of Summer 20 Reading Challenge (the end)

20 Books of Summer 20 Reading Challenge

So when I decided to take part in the challenge to try to read 20 books in 3 months, starting on 1st June and ending on 31st August.  Hosted by Cathy @cathy746books on Twitter, I was doubtful as to whether I would actually read 20 books. #20booksofsummer20

Whilst, 20 books doesn't sound that many to some people, but to others it's quite a lot.  So far in the first 5 months of the year I had read 32 books.  So maybe it was a challenge that I could actually do. However, in the back of my mind I felt that 15 books was a more realistic goal.  So I set my challenge at 15 books and used #15BOSRC.  

In the end I excelled myself and read 20 books, which I was rather pleased about.

So in no particular order they are as follows:

The Velvet Cloak of Midnight by Christina Courtenay. 
Death on a Dirty Afternoon (Terry Bell Mysteries #1) by Colin Garrow.  
Noble Savages by Sarah Watling.
A Long Cool Glass of Murder (Terry Bell Mysteries #2) by Colin Garrow.  
The Jansson Tapes (Terry Bell Mysteries #3) by Colin Garrow. 
Below the Big Blue Sky by Anna McPartlin.
The Summoned Ones: Book 1 ~ Flight to Bericea by Darryl A. Woods.
Hearts & Diners by Jospeh Reilly.
The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd.
Daisy Chain by Kirstie Malone.
Tidelands by Philippa Gregory. Read.
The Butterfly Lampshade by Aimee Bender.
Normal People by Sally Rooney.  
The Reckoning by Yrsa Siguroardottir.  Added 8th June.

Above was my original list which had 14 books on it and needed one more adding.  The books in bold are the ones from the original list that I actually read.

Below is the list of the books that I actually read.  The list is in the order that they have been finished.

Death on a Dirty Afternoon (Terry Bell Mysteries #1) by Colin Garrow.  
A Long Cool Glass of Murder (Terry Bell Mysteries #2) by Colin Garrow.  
The Jansson Tapes (Terry Bell Mysteries #3) by Colin Garrow.  
The Velvet Cloak of Midnight by Christina Courtenay. 
Tidelands by Philippa Gregory. 
Normal People by Sally Rooney.  
Nurse Kitty's Secret War by Maggie Campbell.
The Cat and the City by Nick Bradley.
Unpregnant by Jenni Hendriks.
The Summoned Ones: Book 1 ~ Flight to Bericea by Darryl A. Woods.
The Murderess by Jennifer Wells.
Photographing Kate by Elle Sweet.
The Devil's Day by Andrew Michael Hurley.
Recognitions (Recognitions #1) by Daniela. I.Norris.
The Moon's an Illusion: The Ripple Effect by Edwina Thomas.
Premonitions (Recognitions #2) by Daniela. I.Norris. 
The Clockwork Crow (Clockwork Crow #1) by Catherine Fisher.
Below the Big Blue Sky by Anna McPartlin.
Conversations with Friends by Sally Rooney.
Road Kill: The Duchess of Frisian Tun (DaDa Detective Agency #1) by Pete Adams.

All the books can be read as a review on my blog. 

Finally, how well did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment