Monday 1 June 2020

#20BooksOfSummer20 Reading Challenge

20 Books of Summer 20 Reading Challenge

Well it's that time of year when people take up a challenge to try to read 20 books in 3 months, starting on 1st June and ending on 31st August.  Hosted by Cathy @cathy746books on Twitter, I will be taking part. Will you?

Follow #20booksofsummer20 on Twitter.

20 books doesn't sound that many to some people, but to others it's quite a lot. So far in the first 5 months of this year I have actually read 32 books. So maybe it's a challenge that I could actually do. In the back of my mind I feel that 15 books might be a more realistic goal.

What a dilemma 15 books or 20 books? I know what I will do, I will toss a coin for it. Tossing a coin is the answer to most dilemmas or is it? Heads is 20 books and tails is 15 books. Oh the tension ….

Tails it was ~ so my Reading Challenge is 15 books, if I read more than that it's a bonus.

So in no particular order they are as follows:

The Velvet Cloak of Midnight by Christina Courtenay. Read.
Death on a Dirty Afternoon (Terry Bell Mysteries #1) by Colin Garrow.  Read.
Noble Savages by Sarah Watling.
A Long Cool Glass of Murder (Terry Bell Mysteries #2) by Colin Garrow.  Read.
The Jansson Tapes (Terry Bell Mysteries #3) by Colin Garrow.  Read.
Below the Big Blue Sky by Anna McPartlin.
The Summoned Ones: Book 1 ~ Flight to Bericea by Darryl A. Woods. Read
Hearts & Diners by Jospeh Reilly.
The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd.
Daisy Chain by Kirstie Malone.
Tidelands by Philippa Gregory. Read.
The Butterfly Lampshade by Aimee Bender.
Normal People by Sally Rooney.  Added 2nd June.
The Reckoning by Yrsa Siguroardottir.  Added 8th June.

Current total as at 8th June is 14.

I will be back to add more to this list soon or there again I might just wing the rest …...

Above was my original list which had 14 books on it.

However, below is a list of the books that I have read so far. As you can see there are some books among the list that weren't on the original list. The list is in the order that they have been finished.

Death on a Dirty Afternoon (Terry Bell Mysteries #1) by Colin Garrow.  
A Long Cool Glass of Murder (Terry Bell Mysteries #2) by Colin Garrow.  
The Jansson Tapes (Terry Bell Mysteries #3) by Colin Garrow.  
The Velvet Cloak of Midnight by Christina Courtenay. 
Tidelands by Philippa Gregory. 
Normal People by Sally Rooney.  
Nurse Kitty's Secret War by Maggie Campbell.
The Cat and the City by Nick Bradley.
Unpregnant by Jenni Hendriks.
The Summoned Ones: Book 1 ~ Flight to Bericea by Darryl A. Woods.
The Murderess by Jennifer Wells.
Photographing Kate by Elle Sweet.
The Devil's Day by Andrew Michael Hurley.
Recognitions (Recognitions #1) by Daniela. I.Norris.
Premonitions (Recognitions #2) by Daniela. I.Norris. 
The Clockwork Crow (Clockwork Crow #1) by Catherine Fisher.
Below the Big Blue Sky by Anna McPartlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment