Wednesday 17 June 2020

The Velvet Cloak of Moonlight (Shadows from the Past #4) by Christina Courtenay

31140311. sy475

From Goodreads

As the velvet cloak of moonlight settled over the ruined towers of Raglan Castle, the shadows beneath them stirred...

When newly widowed Tess visits Raglan Castle, she experiences an extraordinary vision that transports her to seventeenth-century Wales and a castle on the brink of a siege.

Even when Tess leaves Raglan to return to Merrick Court, her late husband’s home, the strange dreams continue as her life becomes increasingly intertwined with the past. And when the new owner of the estate arrives - New Zealander Josh Owens - the parallels become even more obvious.

But perhaps the visions aren't just trying to tell their own story, maybe they're also giving a warning ...

My thoughts

I chose this book at random from my local Library. I was drawn to the cover and blurb on the back. Whilst this is part of a series, the characters don't appear to be returning throughout the series so they can all be read as standalone stories.

I gave this a 4 stars or 8/10. I found it an interesting dual time frame story with elements of reincarnation and memories of past lives and events. 

I enjoyed the developing relationship between Tess and Josh, and the journey that the pair took us on. Have the pair met in previous lives or are they dreams that they're experiencing?

I will be looking for further stories in the Shadows from the Past series and will review them once read. If you've not had chance to lay your eyes on one of these, based on this one I can thoroughly recommend them. I feel that this story would make a great reading group read.

No comments:

Post a Comment