Wednesday 15 April 2020

Tell Me to Stop (Tell Me #1) by Charlotte Byrd

49996883. sx318 sy475

From Goodreads

I owe him a debt, but I can't pay it back with money.
He wants something else: me, for one year. But I don’t even know how he is…
“What do you mean by I have to spend 365 nights with you?” I ask.
“Exactly that," he says.
“I won’t have sex with you.” I say categorically.

“I promise you one thing,” his eyes challenge mine. “You will be begging me to do it before our time is up.”  
 

My thoughts

My thanks to the Author for the chance to read this book for free via Amazon.

This was an easy read. It's very similar in many ways to lots of other stories in the genre. I gave this a 2 stars or 4/10.

Tell Me to Stop is the first in the Tell Me series of which there are 6 books. I doubt that I'll be reading the others in the series. The story draws you in, but yet it didn't really deliver enough to make me want to read the others.

I feel that the dominant male, wasn't dominant enough and if I am honest I feel that the genre has been done to death. However, it doesn't mean to say that they won't sell or be read it's just my personal opinion.

Excerpt

 'I look through my library trying to find something else to read. Eventually, I turn to another one of my favorites.
  It's by Charlotte Byrd, one of my favorite writes, and it's a lot darker in tone. Ellie goes to an exclusive yacht party and decides to participate in an auction where she has to spend the night with one of the eligible bachelors.'

Please note that I have used the spelling of words as per the story, as it's written in American English and is not a spelling mistake as per the English use of English.

Am I the only one who finds it a little weird, that an Author writing this story mentions herself as an Author that one of the characters enjoys reading and is even one of her favourite writers?

No comments:

Post a Comment