Friday 24 November 2017

Me Before You (Me Before You #1) by Jojo Moyes

12649718

From Goodreads

Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.      

My thoughts

I gave this an 8/10 or 4 stars. I enjoyed the story, sadly I saw the film before I actually got round to reading the book. So I knew the story well, if I'd not seen the film first the story might have scored higher. Note to self read the story first, then watch the film adaptation.

Lou was a breath of fresh air to the Traynor household, that appeared to have had life sucked out of it after Will's accident. The previously independent Will had returned to live with his parents in an annex, so that they could help care for him.

Lou was employed by Will's parents as a companion for him. Her colourful; clothing and outgoing personality it was hoped, would possibly help Will change his mind about his future.

As Lou gets to know Will it takes time for her to break down the barriers that he had erected around himself. As the two become better acquainted it's apparent that a battle of wills will ensue as both are determined individuals.

I enjoy Jojo Moyes's books and she has a knack of telling a darn good yarn. I can see why this was made into a film and I feel that the actress playing Lou was very well cast, I don't remember too much about the actor who played Will, what I do remember though is that he was very easy on the eye.

I am looking forward to finding the second in this series as it's hiding from me at the moment, and once found I will immerse myself in the continuing story.  This could be read as a standalone should you wish.



No comments:

Post a Comment