Monday 3 April 2017

The Billionaire's Pleasure (Amalfi Nights Billionaire's #1) by Katherine Garbera

26122817

From Goodreads 

Rocco De Luca lives and loves in the fast lane. A past Formula 1 champ, he has been jetting around the world arranging celebrity charity races and partying with the world’s elite. Coming home to Isola del Fiori and filling in for his older brother for a few weeks sounds…well, boring. Until he meets Steffi Harlan.

Steffi Harlan is sophisticated, elegant, and way too smart to fall for a tanned chest and a bad-boy smile, or so she thinks, until she’s put in charge of keeping the jet-set playboy out of trouble while he’s gone. Sure, no problem. Except Steffi isn’t immune to Rocco’s charms.

They burn up the nights they spend together, and the last thing Steffi wants is to crash out and end up with a broken heart… Can they both survive love in the fast lane?

Amalfi Night Billionaires Series
Book 1: The Billionaire's Pleasure by Katherine Garbera
Book 2: The Billionaire's Touch by Mimi Wells
Book 3: The Billionaire's Bride by Nancy Robards Thompson
Book 4: The Billionaire's Heart by Kathleen O'Brien
Book 5: The Billionaire's Lover by Eve Gaddy

*Previously titled The Billionaire's Temptation

My thoughts

5/10 from me, I wanted to like the book and story more than I actually did.

Whilst, this was a freebie via a notification form Bookbub, I did expect more from it. In my opinion it needed far better proof reading and editing. I found it distracted me and found myself reading certain passages again to make sense of them.

When Steffi's boss Rocco's brother goes away. Steffi is left in charge of running the business and trying to keep an eye on Rocco, who has been tasked with helping out in his brother Matteo's absence. However, Rocco is used to getting his own way and it's not long before it's him trying to take charge and Steffi is one person that he is very keen to take charge over in more ways than one.

I wasn't entirely convinced by the relationship between Steffi and Rocco. They just didn't seem to have too much chemistry between them.

This is the first book in the Amalfi Night Billionaires series, each one is written by a different author with visiting characters from previous books in them. However, it can be read as a standalone and this is what I'll be doing as I doubt my enjoyment of the others will be any better.

There is a bonus addition in this book of another story by Katherine Garbera called No Rest for the Wicked, I will be reading this one too as I'm keen to compare the writing in them both. I might be pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment