Monday 2 January 2017

Burning Offer (Trevor's Harem #1) by Aubrey Parker

28005382

From Goodreads 

The anonymous invitation that someone slipped under my door promises $1,000. Just for meeting a man downtown, in a public place, no questions asked.

There’s no catch. I’ve checked. A banker vouched for the offer, the funds, and the wealth of my unknown host. I just have to show up. And given what’s gone wrong in Miami, I’m desperate for money.

A man I can’t stand I can make more than I ever imagined, Daniel Rice tells me, if I agree to take part in a competition.

But Daniel doesn’t impress me, with his tailored suit and silver cufflinks, with his big hands and callous manner. If Daniel is Trevor Ross’s right-hand man, I don’t even want to hear about Trevor’s little contest.

It doesn’t matter how rich Trevor is. Daniel is a brute and a bastard, and for some reason he seems to hate me.

Everything in me screams to run away, no matter how much I’m secretly drawn to Daniel.

So why am I still here?

A proposal I can’t believe Daniel is like an addiction, chipping away at my resolve, piece by piece.

Just get into the limousine. Just get on the private plane. Just fly to an airstrip at the foot of the largest, most luxurious estate I’ve ever seen. Just stay the first night, then another. Tell no one where I’ve gone, or why.

At each stage, they offer more money, easing me into the competition with all the other girls.

I just wish it was only the money keeping me here.

An offer I can’t refuse I only need to stay here in this place to make all that I need. I don’t even have to “participate” like the other girls do.

There are twelve of us, but alliances were forming before I arrived. There are the three hired men, each one hotter than the last. There’s Trevor. And Daniel -- who the rules say I must stay away from. But I can’t.

Daniel tells me I’m his, not Trevor’s or anyone else’s. He says he owns me. I hate the way he talks to me. But I can’t resist him, no matter the penalty.

The rules say I can leave whenever I want.

But for some reason, I don’t.

Desperate times call for desperate pleasures. The Burning Offer is the first volume in the 4-book Trevor’s Harem series, and Aubrey Parker’s hottest, edgiest story yet.  

My thoughts

Not having read any books by Aubrey Parker before, I wasn't aware that Bridget had appeared in other books previously (Inferno Falls series). This is the first in a series known as Trevor's Harem. My enjoyment of the story wasn't in any way impaired by not having read the previous books that Bridget appeared in.

Bridget receives an invitation that offers her a $1,000 dollars just for meeting a man, in public with apparently no strings attached. This is a carrot that is dangled in front of her. Is this the answer to her prayers, as Bridget is slightly cash strapped and needs the money.

What a dilemma for Bridget. Does she act on this invitation and meet up with the man and earn the money that she was offered or does she ignore the invitation? Obviously, if she ignored the invitation then there would be no story.

By accepting the invitation Bridget, meets Daniel. He is a go between, between her and Trevor Ross the man behind the invitation. Bridget has been cherry picked to take part in a contest along with some other ladies to become one of Trevor's Harem. She takes an instant dislike to Daniel, but they do say that opposites attract. Initially, he puts her off the contest, but as she finds out what it's about her reluctance to take part is lessened.

Against, Bridget's better judgement she becomes ever more embroiled in the contest, but is reluctant to fully take part in it. She hopes that by doing the bare minimum at every stage that she will still be there, as she needs the money.

There is definitely a spark between Bridget and Daniel, he becomes obsessed with her in some ways and begins to regret her involvement and his in the contest.

How will the story end, sadly you'll not find that out in this one as sad to say we the reader are left with a cliff hanger of an ending.

This was a freebie via Bookbub. It's a short novella length erotic story of 160 pages, I was kept engrossed in the story from start to finish. Will I read the other in the series? Maybe I will and maybe I won't. I gave this a 3 stars or 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment