Saturday 21 May 2016

The Birthday Boys by Beryl Bainbridge

7697103

From Goodreads

The four men who accompanied Captain Scott on his doomed expedition each tell their own story in this fictional reconstruction of the attempt to reach the South Pole.     

My thoughts

This was one of my local Library Reading Group reads and to be honest if it wasn't for the Reading Group I would never have picked it up.  The group had previously read another one of hers ~ Every Man for Himself, which was based on events surrounding the Titanic and I gave that a 5/10.

This one was based on the men accompanying Captain Scott on his expedition to reach the South Pole, it's a fictional tale but I just couldn't get on with it at all.

I gave it a 2/10 or 1 star and have decided that whilst some people obviously like Beryl Bainbridge's work, sadly or maybe not so sadly that I don't.  I gave up with the book and decided that life is far too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment