Tuesday 25 November 2014

Home for Christmas by Jan Ruth

Home for Christmas

From Goodreads

An emotive trio of stories with festive themes from the Welsh Mountains of Snowdonia.

Rudolph the Brown-Nosed Reindeer
Rick isn’t looking forward to his lonely corporate Christmas, but it’s the season of goodwill and magic is in the air.
An off-beat love story. It’s time Rick wore his heart on his sleeve, or is it too late? Lessons in love from an unlikely source.

Jim’s Christmas Carol
Santa and Satan pay a visit. One brings presents, the other an unwelcome presence.
Paranormal reality. Jim’s played with fire it’s time he got his comeuppance, but from who?

Home for Christmas

Deck the halls with boughs of holly. Fa la-la la-la, la-la la-la. Tis the Season to be jolly…
Romantic-comedy. Pip might accidentally find her true vocation, but the folly of her fibs are about to catch up with her.

* This publication is written in British English. Spellings and grammatical conventions are conversant with the UK.


This is available from Amazon for the princely sum of £1.28 or free for those with Kindle Unlimited.

My thoughts  

Jan Ruth is fast becoming a favourite Author of mine.  All her work has genuinely flawed believable characters with their own problems, which mirror the day to day lives of many.  The settings are mostly in the Welsh countryside, which she knows well.  Lastly, at some point you'll find the odd horse or two mentioned as she has a passion for horses.

I am not a lover of short stories, I often feel that I have been short changed when I have read them as they leave me wanting to read more, as I do not always feel that they deliver well in my opinion.  However, these three long short stories do not make me feel that way, as they all tell the story from beginning to end well with just the right amount of detail.

They are not your usual run of the mill Christmassy story and all tell a different tale.  I found them all thoroughly engaging, my favourite I have to say was Jim's Christmas Carol, as it was a comically funny tale.  You just knew that things weren't going to go well for Jim, it almost made you feel that you were there experiencing the festive antics with them all.

If you are looking for something to read to take your mind off your own festive antics during the Christmas period then look no further.  Grab your Kindle, a glass of mulled wine, shut the curtains and settle down with your mince pie to take yourself away from it all reading these three stories.  

I have written an honest review in exchange for a copy of this from the Author.  Keep up the good work Jan Ruth, I can't wait to read your next book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment