Friday 21 March 2014

By His Desire by Kate Grey


By His Desire

From Goodreads

Keith Logan has something that Sarah Harper wants, and he’s going to use it to get what he wants.

Her.

All his life, Keith’s money and good looks were enough to charm anyone—except for shy, beautiful Sarah. Back in high school she was the one girl he couldn’t have, and the one girl who haunted his dreams. When he sees her again for the first time in ten years, he knows he’ll do anything to make her his—even if it’s just for one week.

There’s only one flaw in his plan. With a woman like Sarah, one week will never be enough.

By His Desire is a steamy romance novella of 20,000 words.

EXCERPT

Keith shook his head. “Whatever good opinion you might have about me, I’m about to destroy it.”

Sarah stared at him. “What are you talking about? How?”

“With the offer I’m about to make you.”

“What offer?”

He leaned forward across the table. “The museum has the portrait for one more week. When the week is up, I’ll have the painting delivered to you. It will be yours.”

“No, Keith. I told you I don’t want your charity.”

“This isn’t charity. Don’t you want to hear my price?”

She sat back in her chair and folded her arms. “Fine.”

“In exchange, for one week, you’ll live with me in my house. During the day, you can do whatever you want. There’s a gym, an indoor pool, a library, a home theater. There’s a study where you can write, and I have a chef who’ll cook you anything you want to eat. But at night...” he paused for a moment. “At night, you have to do whatever I want.”


Some thoughts from Kate Grey's Author page on Amazon

Kate Grey believes a good love story should make you sigh and a good love scene should make you squirm...in the best possible way:). Her dream is to find the perfect balance between romantic and sexy, and since she's fairly certain she'll never reach that goal, she's probably going to be writing for a long, long time. She loves to hear from readers and can be reached at kategreywrites@gmail.com.

My review

This is the first in the erotic romance Desire trilogy by Kate Grey.  The Desire Trilogy consists of three short stories consisting of By His Desire, His One Desire and Only Desire each story features different characters.

I got the first in this trilogy as a freebie e-book from Amazon.  

It tells the story of Keith Logan and Sarah Harper who both secretly had a crush on each other at High School and we meet them 10 years on when Keith realises he wants her even if it's just for one week.

I enjoyed this short 20,000 word story and felt that the story was well written.  I loved the relationship between Keith and Sarah and whilst it might be a little predictable it was an enjoyable way to spend an odd hour or two reading it.  

Please note it's not overly erotic so don't let that put you off reading it.

I gave this an 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment