Monday, 7 April 2014

Do you ever feel that an Author or Publisher is milking it?

This is how I feel having finished a trilogy of three erotic romance short novellas.  The Fetish Queen by Nicole Camden, comprises of three short novellas of around a 100 pages each, called Reborn, Infamous and Cursed.

The novellas were Netgalley reads and as such are given free of charge in exchange for an honest review.  This is the main reason I don't want to sound ungrateful but I honestly do feel that the story having been split into three short novellas, that all follow on in Chapter order all the way through, that it's clearly a case of milking it in this instance in my opinion.  The story would have flowed so much better as one full length story of around 300 pages. 

The novellas are quite well written and I did enjoy the overall story that flows through them.

No offence meant to writers of trilogies but it's a personal observation based on my recent read.  I have read some really good trilogies consisting of full length stories that I don't feel this way about at all.

Does anyone else ever feel like this about trilogies?



No comments:

Post a Comment