Sunday, 2 February 2014

Any excuse to buy a book ~ £3.00 off my next shop voucher.

Whilst shopping in our local supermarket the other day I looked at the books on sale which I usually do.  I spotted that they had Philomena by Martin Sixsmith on sale.  I quit egancied it but I held firm and resisted.  However, today I visited the same supermarket and had a voucher for £3 off my shopping.  Instead of reducing the cost of my shopping bill, I decided to put it towards a new book.

So I bought Philomena by Martin Sixsmith and it only cost me 99p.  Happy days.

Philomena

The book is based on the true story of an Irish lady called Philomena Lee, who searches for the son she had out of wedlock.  The book also goes under the title of The Lost Child of Philomena Lee and focuses more, as the title suggests, on the life Michael/Anthony had after his adoption.

The book has also been made into a film starring Dame Judi Dench and Steve Coogan.  I plan to watch the film in due course once I have read the book.

From Wikipedia.  
 
Philomena is a 2013 British-French-American comedy-drama film directed by Stephen Frears. It was screened in the main competition section at the 70th Venice International Film Festival[2][3] where Steve Coogan and Jeff Pope won the award for Best Screenplay.[4] At the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival it was awarded the People's Choice Award Runner-Up prize.[5] The film was nominated for four Academy Awards, including for Best Picture, and Judi Dench (who plays Philomena) for Best Actress, and was also nominated for four BAFTA Awards and three Golden Globes.

The film is based on the book The Lost Child of Philomena Lee by Martin Sixsmith, which tells the true story of Philomena Lee's 50-year-long search for her son.

No comments:

Post a Comment