Friday, 8 November 2013

Books read in October

The following are books that I read in October.

Starting with the cracker of the month ~ One Last Summer by Catrin Collier 10/10.  An enjoyable story about WWII from the perspective of people on the German side.

I followed this up with an abundance of  8/10's, in the order that I read them.

A NetGalley review book ~ The Twins by Saskia Sarginson.  A slow moving story that benefits from being read in larger chunks.  A great debut novel and an Author to watch.

An ARC of One Plus One by Jojo Moyes.  The dog stole the show story for me!

The second in the Edie Kiglatuk Arctic series ~ The Boy in the Snow by M.J.McGrath.  A really good follow up to the first in the series set in the Arctic regionsIf you like your thrillers cold then this is for you.

The second in the erotic series known as the Unbreakable trilogy ~ The Golden Locket by Primula Bond.  It was great to catch up with Serena & Gustav, seeing how their relationship is developing.  I can't post a review yet as all reviewers have been asked to hold their reviews until later this month.

My winning choice for an online Reading Group for October ~ A Place of Secrets by Rachel Hore.  Mystery, romance, an old house and history in this one.  What more could you ask for?  Summer the young niece of Jude stole the show in this one.

I had one 6/10 ~ Some Tame Gazelle by Barbara Pym.  A slow burner set in and around a village, lots of humour and unrequited love in this one.

Finally, my Stinker of the Month 4/10 ~ Becoming Queen by Kate Williams.  I gave up on this one after around 130 pages after Princess Charlotte had died, it was very detailed and lengthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment