Friday, 18 October 2013

Giving up on books.

I find it extremely hard giving on books as I feel that if an Author has given their time writing the book then the least we the reader can do is read it.  I know life's too short and there are too many books out there to read and our time is precious but I still find that I feel guilty if I don't read the book to the bitter end.  Sometimes it is a bitter end and I wonder why I bothered.  There are lots of times that far outweigh the bitter end scenario, when I'm glad that I did finish the book as it turned out to be a good one and I would have missed out on a darn good read if I'd given up.

However, I will give up on some and so far this year I've given up on:

Between You & Me by Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus

The first one was utter drivel in my opinion and I found that I was speed reading it and eventually wondered why I was bothering at all.

Becoming Queen by Kate Williams 

The second one, I read as far as the death of Princess Charlotte and found it quite interesting as I'd never heard of her before but heavy going. To be honest I ran out of time with it as it was my local Library Reading Group read but I think I would have given up on it if I'd had more time. 

How disciplined are you at giving up on books that you wish you weren't reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment