Monday, 23 September 2013

Liebster Award ~ Discover new blogs.

 

The lovely Josie from Jaffareadstoo Blog (http://jaffareadstoo.blogspot.co.uk) nominated me for this award, thanks so much it was a lovely surprise for me today.

The Liebster Award is a way to help blogs you like with less than 200 followers, and to give them some deserved attention so our followers can discover them as well.


Rules:

Link back the blogger that tagged you;
Nominate 10 others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you;
Ask 10 questions for the bloggers you nominate;
Let your nominees know of their award.
 
The questions Josie has asked me are as follows:
 
1 - The best book you read last year
 
I had 4 10/10 reads last year and if I've to pick the best it'll have to be, The Unit by Ninni Holmqvist.  It's a dystopian themed book and the premise of it could so easily happen.  I can thoroughly recommend it.
 
2 - A book that you've read more than 3 times
 
To be perfectly honest, I can't think that I've ever read a book 3 times. 
 
3 - Favourite book turned into a movie
 
Not a movie but more of a TV mini-series back in the 80's was, The Thornbirds by Colleen McCullough.  I've fond memories of both the book and the series.  I can remember having to read the book quickly as I was trying to keep in front of the series.
 
4 – Favourite book from your childhood
 
One book that sticks in my mind from my childhood is Swallows and Amazons by Arthur Ransome.
 
5 - A book that makes you happy 
I can't remember the most recent book that's made me happy but I can remember that I did smile a lot through the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer and the 50 Shades of Grey trilogy by E.L.James.  Neither series will win any literary awards but I was really engrossed in both series and wanted to find out how the relationships developed.
 
6 - A book that makes you sad

The last book that made me sad and tearful was possibly The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult a very thought provoking book. What would we do if we were in Sage's shoes and had been asked to do what she was asked? 
 
7 - Most underrated book
 
A fairly recent read of mine that I've not seen much about anywhere, The Boy who could see Demons by Carolyn Jess-Cooke.
 
8 - Most overrated book
 
The Finkler Question by Howard Jacobson, I read around a 100 pages and thought to myself ~ What's it all about? I gave up on it.
 
9 - A book you thought you wouldn't like but ending up loving
 
The most recent book that I felt like this about was The Chronicle of a Death Foretold by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. It's an odd story really but I quite enjoyed it in the end.
 
10 - A Book you have wanted to read for a long time but haven't

That would have to be Room by Emma Donoghue, it's been on my TBR (to be read) pile for ages and not moved anywhere at all.

I'll be back in the next few days to add my questions and update the post with my blogs to discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment