Friday, 30 August 2013

Bookmarks and other things that you can use to keep your place in a book.

Nooooooo don't fold that page corner over.  Grab anything but don't do that if you can help it.  I'm not a corner turner unless it's the complete last resort.  I've been known to use ripped pages out of newspapers, old tickets, receipts or anything that's close to hand but most of the time you'll find me using a bookmark.

I've got quite a collection of bookmarks and book thongs, they can be found all over my Home, they should all be in the one place but they're not.  I tend to leave piles of them where I last used them.

My current bookmark is one I grabbed as I chose my current read off my pile of soon to be read books on my bookshelves.  It's a laminated bookmark sent to me by a bookish friend of which I've got many.  At the top of the bookmark is a cat sat on a table and behind the cat are some blue patterned tiles below the picture are the following words ~ Cats are like teenagers, they only stay as long as you offer them food and warmth.  This is quite a true saying in some ways and I've had experience of both.

Do you have a favourite bookmark that you prefer to use or like me, do you just use what's closest to hand?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment